Monday, July 28, 2008

America wants us to be fat!


OR



Why is America suffering from obesity? Healthy food is too expensive, that's why!! I am desperately trying to eat healthier, but I am cheap. I do not want to spend $5.00 for 6 Kashi granola bars, when I can spend $2.99 for the 10 Chocolate chip granola bars. Organic fruit and veggies...TWICE as expensive as the "non organic". Bag of carrots is more than a bag of chips. I am going to have to give up some of my life luxuries in order to afford to eat better. No wonder I haven't been motivated....give up shopping and Starbucks for tofu and salad? Blah.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I hear ya. Are you near a Trader Joe's? You can get some great food there for cheap. Love that place!
Hang in there Lisa...we will be so glad we made this lifestyle change (eventually). :)