Wednesday, November 2, 2011

They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel...

The way we speak to others is so important. All too often we forget to say please, thank you,or I appreciate you...especially at work or within our relationships or even with our children.
I can vividly remember how my 5th grade math teacher made me feel when I entered her classroom. She would talk down to to me and chastise me for my habit of cracking my knuckles. I don't remember one thing she taight me, or one thing she said to me...but I remember how she made me feel. She never had one positive thing to say to me. I will forever have a math phobia. haha (seriously!)
I am guilty of speaking my mind. I am sure I have hurt loved ones with my words or my tone. Don't get me wrong sometimes an angry outburst is necessary.... But I am going to try to be better. I am going to take the time to say please and thank you. I am going to praise my coworkers. I will thank my husband more often. I am going to spend less time being irritated with people that don't have any meaning in my life anyway. I will be a positive thinker and surround myself with positive people.

I want people to remember how I made them feel....and smile.

No comments: