Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Self worth is vital to my happiness.

I fell hard and fast. He won me over with his words. He gave me the affection and attention I desperately needed. I ignored the red flags because I wanted to believe the good in him. I wanted to save him. I wanted to show him what it felt like to truly truly be loved. But you can't save someone who doesn't even know they need to be saved. You can't love someone who doesn't know what it means to truly love someone in return. Today I am grateful for being a strong woman. Today I am grateful that I value myself enough to know that I deserve better. Today I am grateful for the people that are now in my life because of him. Today I am grateful for being sane enough and smart enough to walk away. To the "man" that can still sleep peacefully at night after wreaking havoc in my life...I used to think you took my breath away..but now.. I realize I was just being suffocated by your lies. To the "man" that runs from everything that could be good in his life..you will need me before I will ever need you. To the "man" who lies more than tells the truth, Thank you. Thank you for being the stepping stone to my victory. You brought me home to my friends and family. I will continue to take risks. Nothing great happens without it. Next....!!!

No comments: